Your motorcycle may very well be one of your most prized possessions. It deserves special protection just like the other assets you own.
Here are a few things to consider and questions to ask your agent:
Your Independent Agent is an advocate for finding insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are some things to really consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can I afford to pay if my motorcycle is in an accident, damaged or stolen? (Ask your agent what your cost savings would be if you raised your deductible.)
- What discounts and programs are available? (Ask about discounts for taking safety classes or having multiple policies. You may also save money if your motorcycle is stored in a garage or if you belong to a motorcycle association.)
- How much medical and liability coverage should I have?
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
- What's the process for filing and settling a claim?
- Asking the right questions can help your independent agent select the best policy to meet your individual needs. At Lohman and Lohman, we have access to dozens of insurance carriers to make sure you get the right coverage and the right price for your specific motorcycle insurance needs.